Here are 5 Social Media Revenue Performance Indicators as identified by Steven Woods, Chief Technology Officer of Eloqua.
- Reach: Target more people, by creating great content that will be found by SEO, and your networks on social media.
- Conversion: Consider where your buyers are getting their information and from whom. Identify experts within your organization and position them as thought leaders who can help move people through the buying journey.
- Velocity: Identify key conversion points and reduce the amount of obstacles necessary to complete the buying process.
- Value: Social media gives companies that opportunity to understand who the buyer is, who they are connected to, and who the testimonials are coming from. Make each deal worth more by presenting testimonials from 1st or 2nd degree contacts that have more trust value than 4th degree and “friends of friends.”
- Return: Get more revenue for each dollar invested, by establishing trusted relationships with your customers. Understanding what they are interested in, and who they are will yield more return than an impersonal salesperson.
Takeaway: As marketing communicators, we need to create content that people will feel compelled to share with their friends, family, colleagues, and their own readers. Once people start sharing, you must make it obvious to everyone that visits your content what their peers have found value in.
Identify blog posts that have lots of sharing, show Facebook recommendations based on Likes, or customize your user’s experience by making targeted suggestions based on their interests, or entry site.
Click here to download chapter 1 of Stand Out Social Marketing: 6 Keys to Rise Above the Noise, Differentiate Your Brand, and Build an Outstanding Online Presence! by Mike Lewis, VP of Sales and Marketing at Awareness!
Feel free to visit Eloqua at http://www.eloqua.com for future webinar opportunities.