Originally founded in 1971 as The Cheyney Development Fund, The Cheyney Foundation is a private, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established to increase private gift support for Cheyney University of Pennsylvania. Since its inception, The Cheyney Foundation has been committed to establishing positive relationships with private donors, foundations, corporations and other constituents in order to build a strong foundation for Cheyney University.
The Cheyney Foundation supports Cheyney University’s strategic plan and initiatives by providing another formal infrastructure for long-term community, corporate, government, and nonprofit involvement and financial support.
Cheyney University’s Strategic Goals
- Goal 1: Strengthen Academic Quality & Success
- Goal 2: Advance Student Achievement & Success
- Goal 3: Enhance Institutional Effectiveness
- Goal 4: Nurture Human Capital
- Goal 5: Cultivate Public Engagement & Citizenship
- Goal 6: Pervasive Use of Technology
By accepting grant funding and generous gifts from individual donors, The Cheyney Foundation has been able to fulfill its mission to promote the advancement of Cheyney University of Pennsylvania by establishing positive relationships with benefactors interested in supporting Cheyney’s mission to prepare confident, competent, reflective, visionary leaders and responsible citizens.
In 2014, YOakleyPR worked with The Cheyney Foundation Board of Directors to plan and implement a plan to increase communication efforts and identify new fundraising initiatives for the 2015-2016 fiscal year.
Highlight Programs for 2015-16
- The Aquaculture Research and Education Laboratory
- The Call Me MISTER Teacher Leadership Program