Congratulations to Gianni Lai, our May Intern of the Month!
Gianni Lai joined the YOakleyPR Public Relations team in January 2015. Since that time, she has been promoted from a general PR intern, to the Project Manager of the PR team. Gianni has proven to management within a short amount of time that she is serious about her internship and the duties that come with it and she is readily available to help her peers when requested and that she is a kind and caring individual while always conducting herself in a professional manner.
- Writing press releases and media pitches for the CHOICES Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Stilettos Stroll for the Cure in April 2015
- Seeking thought-leading content and post material as appropriate on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and other social networks in support of the Women Veterans ROCK! Advocacy Campaign
Congratulations Gianni! Your efforts have paid off. You will be receiving a $25 Visa gift card in the mail, plus a little something extra to put on your resume. Keep up the good work!
Here are some of the wonderful things that her peers have mentioned about her:
“This is one young lady who doesn’t stop going the distance for her team. She is fully engaged and ready to tackle new challenges and not afraid to reach out for assistance when needed.”
“She’s a sheer joy to work with and very dependable. I really wish I worked with someone like this at my current job.”
“I believe that Gianni’s level of productivity is setting a standard for success within her team and her teammates strive to either follow suit, or stay on the same level as her–clearly a leader in the making!”
There is no question that Gianni is a rising star on the team. She is always actively engaged in her work and takes the initiative to volunteer for new assignments that interest her.”
When we talked to Gianni about her internship, here is what she had to say:
“When I learned about this internship experience, I would have never thought that I would learn as much as I have right now. Not only do I learn from my day-to-day activities, but I learn just as much, if not more, from my interactions with YOakleyPR’s staff members of all levels,” said Lai.
“It is an honor to be voted Intern of the Month by a group of such hard-working people, and I hope to uphold the praise given to me by continuously working hard. Along with my Asian Studies minor, I hope to eventually break down cultural borders even more by working at a global communications firm and help consult clients for all sorts of communication needs (which is why I have a background in PR, marketing, and communications).”
Gianni’s favorite quote is, “A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.” To remind me that hardships are what make up people and that everything will be worth it in the end.
Bucket List Item:
“I hope to travel the world someday (going to every Disney World and Disneyland in the world. It can count as a life goal, right?)”
A few things about Gianni:
- A Houston, TX native
- An alumna of the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations and Global Studies with a minor in Asian Studies
- Speaks, reads and writes Mandarin and Cantonese Chinese and speaks conversational French
- Has received University Honors from UT at Austin and the Beauty and Brains Award from her sorority, Alpha Kappa Delta Phi
- Has been a marketing, editorial and public relations intern
- Loves binge watching TV shows, working out and playing basketball
Connect with Gianni
# # #
If you would like to learn more about the virtual internship program at YOakleyPR, please visit our “Internships” page for more information.