Congratulations to Elizabeth Newman, our October Intern of the Month!
Elizabeth Newman a.k.a. “Lizzie” joined the YOakleyPR Marketing Team in May 2015. During her internship, Lizzie has proven to be a valuable team member. Not only that, she has also used this experience to further develop her skills in the marketing field. Lizzie has shown how much of a team player she is by interacting with all of the interns in a professional manner. Lizzie is an intelligent, friendly and most of all, hard-working young lady who has a lot to offer to a company. She goes the extra mile when working on a project or helping other interns.
In addition to learning about Online Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, and Google AdWords while interning at YOakleyPR, some of her other accomplishments include:
- Working on various marketing campaigns like the Shoot for the Stars project which engages Philadelphia boys and girls in summer basket camps.
- Writing blog articles for The YOakleyPR Blog discussing alternative methods for nonprofits to use common social media channels.
- Researched and designed weekly email marketing campaigns for deployment via MailChimp.
- Created Google AdWords campaigns and advertisements for nonprofit organizations enrolled in the Google for Nonprofits – Google Ad Grants program.
- Researched marketing strategies and proposals for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
Congratulations Lizzie! Your efforts have paid off. You will be receiving a $25 visa gift card in the mail, plus a little something extra to put on your resume. Keep up the good work!
Here are some of the wonderful things that her peers mentioned about her:
“She has encouraged others and helped her team mates when needed and without being prompted.”
“Lizzie always completes her tasks in a timely manner and is eager to participate in projects.”
“Lizzie has shown a great deal of improvements, enthusiasm and support of her fellow interns.”
“Lizzie has a self-starter attitude in a very caring way.”
When asked about her internship, here is what Lizzie had to say:
“I’ve really enjoyed my experience at YOakelyPR with the marketing team. Going into this summer I was very excited to grow my skills in marketing. This summer has already been more than I could ask for due to this company’s passion for nonprofits and for building the experience of the interns. I have researched nonprofits and attended networking events where I realized how many driven and amazing people there are out there with similar goals as me! I already find myself using the skills that I have learned in my other professional pursuits.”
Get to Know Elizabeth:
- From San Francisco, CA
- Attends school on the East Coast
- Loves to travel with great friends and her family
- English major and Communications minor
- Excited to see what the future holds and to make great connections with great people along the way.
Secret Little Tidbit:
“I love every sad song and sad quote I’ve probably every heard, (which sounds depressing, I know but) therefore I choose not to share them so as not to depress other people. I think this is pretty funny because it is the opposite of my personality. I think I love them because they force me to think beyond my surface level of bubbliness!
When I stumble across something sad on the radio or Pinterest or wherever I may be, I can get stuck for hours trying to understand a stranger’s emotions, which I find fascinating (I guess this may be the English major in me).”
Bucket List Item:
“I know it’s cliché, but I really hope one day I can work up the nerve to go skydiving! ” – Lizzie Newman
Connect with Elizabeth
# # #
If you would like to learn more about the virtual internship program at YOakleyPR, please visit our “Internships” page for more information.