Congratulations to Maya Moudy, our June Intern of the Month!
Maya Moudy joined the YOakleyPR Public Relations Team in April 2015. Within an extremely short amount of time, Maya has proven to be a valuable asset to her team and YOakleyPR. She shows initiative and tenacity when applying her skills to public relations. She takes it upon herself to interact and let all the interns know more about her on a deeper level. Not only is Maya incredibly talented when it comes to things like public relations and graphic design, but she is also very kind, courteous and professional.
In addition to learning about Canva, Hootsuite and Cision while interning at YOakleyPR, some of her other accomplishments include:
- Creating twitter graphics for the 2015 Women Veterans ROCK twitter chat event
- Tracking and monitoring media placements, industry trends and social-media benchmarks
- Contributing to integrated marketing communication campaigns for registered nonprofits
Congratulations Maya! Your efforts have paid off. You will be receiving a $25 visa gift card in the mail, plus a little something extra to put on your resume. Keep up the good work!
Here are some of the wonderful things that her peers mentioned about her:
“Maya has always volunteered for projects from the get-go and I love her attitude! She does a lot of work whenever she can, and always lets us know when she will be more off the map due to other prior engagements.”
“Since starting at YOakleyPR, Maya has been very positive and always there to assist on various projects.”
“Maya is a self-starter and is a valuable member of the PR team where she always follow through on projects and does her part to keep the team project moving.”
“Maya has been a champion on the Public Relations team. She has consistently produced a number of graphic designs that have been used for various campaigns. She accepts criticisms and feedback from her peers well, and makes any needed adjustments.”
When we talked to Maya about her internship, here is what she had to say:
“My experience with YOakleyPR has been an incredible one so far. When I began this internship, of course I expected to learn, but my involvement with this virtual public relations firm has brought me invaluable knowledge about how to professionally conduct business on the Internet. This internship has also been my first introduction to the public relations practice. I felt as though my peers treated as an equal from the first day and that I have been trusted with actual work which has allowed me to gained real, practical knowledge—that is hard to come by in an internship position these days! I have already put that knowledge to use in my work as an independent consultant. I couldn’t be happier to be a part of such a wonderful team of kind and intelligent people, especially when we get to work with incredible nonprofits!”
Get to Know Maya:
- A California native
- Freelance graphic designer
- Graduated from FIDM
- Recently obtained a business license for her graphic design service
- Interned as a fashion intern for Jak Artine Collections
- Is passionate about visuals and entrepreneurship
- Is a visual artist
- Favorite quote: “I’ve noticed something about people who make a difference in the world: They hold the unshakable conviction that individuals are extremely important, that every life matters. They get excited over one smile. They are willing to feed one stomach, educate one mind, and treat one wound. They aren’t determined to revolutionize the world all at once; they’re satisfied with small changes. Over time, though, the small changes add up. Sometimes they even transform cities and nations, and yes, the world.” – unknown
Bucket List Item:
“Take my mom on a European Vacation.”
Connect with Maya
# # #
If you would like to learn more about the virtual internship program at YOakleyPR, please visit our “Internships” page for more information.