Congratulations to Julie Solomon, our August Intern of the Month!
Julie Solomon joined the YOakleyPR Public Relations Team in May 2015. During her internship, Julie shown that she is a true team player and can overcome internal and external obstacles with professionalism and tenacity. Julie is a bright, courteous and most of all, hardworking young woman who has gone out of her way to show how well she fits into the Public Relations role. She always does a little extra when helping out the other interns or completing projects.
In addition to learning about Public Relations, she has contributed to integrated marketing communications campaigns and worked with the public relations team to design and create marketing materials such as press kits, brochures, newsletters, etc. while interning at YOakleyPR, some of her other accomplishments include:
- Wrote press releases, pitch copy, and public service announcements for 501(c)(3) nonprofits
- Communicated with reporters and media personnel in order to earn media placements in print and on the radio
Congratulations Julie! Your efforts have paid off. You will be receiving a $25 visa gift card in the mail, plus a little something extra to put on your resume. Keep up the good work!
Here are some of the wonderful things that her peers mentioned about her:
“Julie has always been very polite and responded in a timely manner, even when she is busy.”
“Julie works and speaks with professionalism at all times. Every time I hear her speak I am impressed with how articulate and confident she is.”
“Julie has always consistently volunteered for assignments, even when the assignments are outside of her comfort zone.”
“Julie shows a willingness to work with her other fellow interns even if they are not on the same projects together.”
When we talked to Julie about her internship, here is what she had to say:
“This internship has really given me the hands on experience in the Public Relations field that I have been looking for. I not only got to work on a team with other great interns, but I also got to be the leader in some projects. My favorite experience thus far would have to be writing and distributing PSAs for a client events. This allowed me to jump right in and further develop my writing skills.”
Get to Know Julie:
- Is currently studying for the LSATs in hopes to go to law school next fall.
- Originally from Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
- Currently majoring in Interpersonal Communications and has a minor in Political Science.
- She is also PR/Marketing intern for the Horn Program for Entrepreneurship.
- She is a Social Media Ambassador for the University of Delaware at her school.
- She is an Alpha Epsilon Phi Sorority Sister
- She is a Blue Hen Marketing Club Member
Bucket List Item:
“Live and study abroad for at least a year in Israel!”
Connect with Julie
# # #
If you would like to learn more about the virtual internship program at YOakleyPR, please visit our “Internships” page for more information.